Mapbox Search JS
- Improve checkout conversion
- Interactive search
- Fully customizable
Mapbox Search JS is in private beta. During the private beta phase, frameworks may be subject to potential changes as they stabilize.
- Works with existing HTML5
- Fully themable to match your design system
- Accessibility-first (ARIA), mobile and desktop native
- First-class support for Google Tag Manager, HTML Custom Elements, and React
Want to get started right away? See the quickstart guide.
Use cases for Mapbox Search JS include:
- Address Autofill to increase customer conversion
- Address verification and delivery point confirmation
- Interactive search experience to control a map
- Interface with Search APIs across Web, Node.js, and React Native
Mapbox Search JS consists of three frameworks:
- Search JS Web (
- Search JS React (
- Search JS Core (
Search JS Web is the main entry-point to Mapbox Search JS, and provides rich UI components on top of Search JS Core.
These are defined as HTML Custom Elements, meaning they have the same fidelity as built ins such as
<input>. Helpers are also included in Search JS Web for use in low-code environments, where modifying the HTML is not accessible or necessary.
Search JS React provides rich UI components in React, built on top of Search JS Web. This is the recommended entry-point Mapbox Search JS for large-scale applications.
Search JS React also provides React hooks based on Search JS Core interfaces.
Search JS Core provides a higher level framework for the Mapbox Search Service. The framework provides strong typing for the APIs, handles requests/responses automatically, and can manage session tokens.