Maps SDK for iOS v6
- Custom map styles
- Offline maps
- Fast vector maps
- Compatible with other Mapbox tools
This page uses v6.4.1 of the Mapbox Maps SDK. A newer version of the SDK is available and is recommended for all users. SDK versions before v10 will stop receiving updates, including compatibility and bug fixes, after April 4, 2023. Learn about the latest version, v10.12.0, in the Maps SDK documentation.
The Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS is a library for embedding highly customized maps within iOS applications. Features include:
- Custom styling: Use one of our beautiful template styles or your own custom style built with Mapbox Studio. You can even alter your map's style at runtime.
- Offline maps: Do more without a data connection by storing your maps offline.
- Data visualizations: Include your own custom data to create powerful interactive data visualizations.
- Open source: Contribute and keep track of new features in our open-source GitHub repository.
The Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS is compatible with applications built in Xcode 8 or above and deployed on iOS 9 and above.
For information about migrating from older versions of the Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS to newer ones, see:
- v4.x.x to v5.x.x: This version change improved the method for counting monthly active users. No migration guide is required, but you can read more about these changes in the changelog and the Pricing by products guide.
- v3.7.x to v4.0.x
Integration with other tools
The Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS works with other Mapbox products. Mix and match other tools and plugins to create a location-savvy application to your exact specifications. Learn more about how to use Mapbox Studio as an iOS developer.
The Mapbox Maps SDK is compatible with Mapbox Studio. Design a map that seamlessly matches your brand and application design, then infuse it with your own custom data all within the Mapbox Studio web interface.
Directions and turn-by-turn navigation
Embed real-time, turn-by-turn navigation right inside your application. The Mapbox Navigation SDK for iOS provides a high-quality user experience out of the box, so you don’t have to send your users to another application. Many customization options and reusable components allow you to adapt the interface to your unique use case and design.
The Navigation SDK features traffic-aware directions for driving, cycling, or walking between multiple locations, powered by the Mapbox Directions API. MapboxDirections.swift is also available for applications that need direct access to directions without turn-by-turn functionality.
Turn coordinates into addresses or addresses into coordinates with MapboxGeocoder.swift, powered by the Mapbox Geocoding API.
The Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS includes methods to generate a static snapshot of an existing map within your application. Use the
MGLMapSnapshotter class to create a static raster image of a map, without having to make a request to another API.
Deliver a consistent experience across your companion tvOS and watchOS applications with static map snapshots using MapboxStatic.swift, powered by the Mapbox Static API.
Documentation for the Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS comes in the form of:
If you can't find what you're looking for, reach out to our support team.