Raster data is a pixel-based data format in which data is stored in a grid structure. Each pixel, or unit of information, has the same size and shape, but varies in value. All digital photographs are stored in this format, including satellite images like those used in the Mapbox Satellite tileset. Raster tilesets are used in Mapbox tools to display maps as a grid of images that can be loaded on the map.
- Mapbox Style Specification: Raster sources
- Mapbox Studio manual: Geospatial data documentation
- Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS example: Add raster imagery
- Mapbox Maps SDK for Android example: Local style or custom raster style
- Raster graphics Wikipedia page