The Navigation SDK for Android allows you to build a complete navigation experience with the power of the Mapbox Directions API. The Navigation SDK provides a collection of features that are critical when building navigation projects, including:
- Navigation routes
- Accurate device location updates
- Voice instruction announcements
- Real-time user progress to their destination
- Off-route detection
- Dynamic camera adjustments during turn-by-turn navigation
- Pre-built UI components to show changing navigational information
The Mapbox Navigation SDK is comprised of two SDKs that can be used to integrate navigation into your Android project:
- The core Navigation SDK. This is where core logic lives for generating routes, tracking route progress, delivering turn-by-turn instructions, and other actions related to Directions API information. The Navigation SDK can be combined with the Mapbox Maps SDK for Android.
- The Navigation UI SDK. Built on top of the Navigation SDK, the Navigation UI SDK consumes data from the Navigation SDK and arranges it in default UI components that have various customizable options.
The Navigation SDK and the Navigation UI SDK can be used together if you want to use a mixture of the Mapbox-provided UI components and your own custom UI fed data from the Navigation SDK.
Usage of the Navigation SDK v1.0.0 and higher is billed differently than pre-1.0.0 versions. If you are upgrading your application from an earlier version of the Navigation SDK, please read the pricing documentation to understand how these pricing changes will impact your monthly invoice.
Navigation SDK usage is billed by monthly active users (MAUs). To estimate the cost of your usage, see the following resources:
- To learn more about what counts as a monthly active user across Navigation SDK versions, see Pricing by products: Navigation SDK for iOS and Android.
- For the number of MAUs included in the free tier and the cost per MAU beyond the free tier, see the Navigation SDKs section of our pricing page.