Add a Mapbox Studio style as a basemap in ArcGIS Online
Familiarity with and access to ArcGIS Online.
There are a few resources you will need to follow along with this tutorial:
- ArcGIS Online account. You can sign up for a free account on the ArcGIS website.
- Integration URL. You can find the integration URL in the Share & use modal for your style. Finding this will be covered in a later step.
Navigate to your ArcGIS Online projects page and create a new project:
- Log into ArcGIS Online.
- Navigate to the Make a Map page. This will automatically create a new project.
- Click Add > Add Layer from Web.
A new window will open. Choose A Tile Layer from the dropdown list.
In another tab in your browser, open Mapbox Studio and find your ArcGIS integration URL:
- Log into Mapbox Studio.
- Open the style you would like to use in the style editor.
- Click on the Share... button in the top bar.
- When the Share modal opens, make sure you're looking at the Production tab.
- Toggle to the Third party option.
- Select the ArcGIS Online option in the drop down.
- Copy the URL by clicking the clipboard icon.
Let's return to ArcGIS Online to finish adding our tile layer:
- Navigate back to your ArcGIS Online project.
- In the open Add Layer from Web window, paste your ArcGIS integration URL in the URL field.
- Check the Use as Basemap box.
- Add a Title to your layer.
- Add "© OpenStreetMap contributors Design © Mapbox" to the Credits field.
- Click Add Layer.
You've successfully added your Mapbox style as the basemap in your ArcGIS Online project.
If you're interested in creating a custom or branded style in Mapbox Studio to be used in ArcGIS Online, take a look at our Create a custom style tutorial.