The Mapbox Maps SDK for iOS is an open-source framework for embedding interactive map views with scalable, customizable vector maps into Cocoa Touch applications on iOS 9.0 and above using Objective-C, Swift, or Interface Builder. It takes stylesheets that conform to the Mapbox Style Specification, applies them to vector tiles that conform to the Mapbox Vector Tile Specification, and renders them using OpenGL.
Changes in version 4.3.0
Styles and rendering
- Added an
MGLMapView.preferredFramesPerSecondproperty that controls the rate at which the map view is rendered. The default rate now adapts to device capabilities to provide a smoother experience. (#12501)
- Token string syntax (
iconImageNameproperties is now correctly converted to the appropriate
- Fixed a crash when switching between two styles having layers with the same identifier but different layer types. (#12432)
- Added a new option to
MGLSymbolPlacementLineCenter, that places the label relative to the center of the geometry. (#12337)
- Added a
MGLShapeSourceOptionLineDistanceMetricsproperty that enables or disables calculating line distance metrics.
- Added an
MGLLocationManagerprotocol for tracking user location using a custom alternative to
- Fixed a crash that occurred when
MMELocationManagerwas deallocated and the delegate was reporting updates. (#12542)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the user started a gesture before the drift animation for a previous gesture was complete. (#12148)
- Fixed an issue where the symbols for
MGLMapPointForCoordinatecould not be found. (#12445)
- Fixed an issue causing country and ocean labels to disappear after calling
-[MGLStyle localizeLabelsIntoLocale:]when the system language is set to Simplified Chinese. (#12164)
- Closed a security vulnerability introduced in 4.1.0 that would potentially allow the owner of a style to compromise apps loading that style. (#12571)
- Reduced binary size and improved performance by enabling LTO. (#12502)
See the full changelog for previous releases.