Video: Recreate a classic style in modern Mapbox Studio
- 0:00 - Open your classic style from your Classic styles page.
- 0:24 - Take a screenshot of your style.
- 0:29 - Go to Cartogram and upload your screenshot.
- 0:39 - Create your initial color palette using the color picker in Cartogram.
- 1:20 - Click Save style to open your new style in Mapbox Studio.
- 1:39 - Update label typography.
- 3:05 - Add a new layer using Terrain (RGB-encoded dem) as a data source, and style the terrain.
- 3:24 - Drag the terrain layer down below all label layers.
- 3:36 - Style the road network.
Now you know how to re-create a classic style in modern Mapbox Studio.
Here are some things to try next:
Add 3D buildings to a Mapbox Studio style
Add a 3D building layer to a map style in Mapbox Studio.
Video: Add 3D buildings and data-driven styling with Studio
Turn on 3D buildings and apply fill colors based on building heights.
Video: Add bilingual labels to a map with expressions in Studio
Learn how to use expressions for string and data operations in Studio.