Video: Recreate a classic style in modern Mapbox Studio
This video tutorial shows you how to re-create a classic style in modern Mapbox Studio.
Studio Classic map styles are deprecated as of June 1, 2020. Using modern Mapbox Studio styles unlocks benefits not available with Classic map styles. Learn more on our blog.
- 0:00 - Open your classic style from your Classic styles page.
- 0:24 - Take a screenshot of your style.
Create a new style
- 0:29 - Go to Cartogram and upload your screenshot.
- 0:39 - Create your initial color palette using the color picker in Cartogram.
- 1:20 - Click Save style to open your new style in Mapbox Studio.
Edit the style
- 1:39 - Update label typography.
- 3:05 - Add a new layer using Terrain (RGB-encoded dem) as a data source, and style the terrain.
- 3:24 - Drag the terrain layer down below all label layers.
- 3:36 - Style the road network.
Publish the style
Now you know how to re-create a classic style in modern Mapbox Studio.
Here are some things to try next:
Video: Add 3D buildings and data-driven styling with Studio
Turn on 3D buildings and apply fill colors based on building heights.
Add 3D buildings to a Mapbox Studio style
Add a 3D building layer to a map style in Mapbox Studio.
Video: Add a custom font to a map style with Studio
Import a custom font to use in your map style.