Video: Re-project data to use the Albers USA map style
This video tutorial shows you how to re-project your data to use it with the Albers USA map style, using freely available tools. Follow the written tutorial on our blog.
- 0:28 - Drag and drop it into QGIS
- 1:24 - Use Dirty Reprojectors to change your data's projection from Mercator to Albers.
- 2:15 - Use Tippecanoe to create
.mbtilesfrom your data.
- 3:15 - Add the Albers USA map style to your Studio account and open it in the style editor.
- 3:25 - Upload your data to the map.
- 3:35 - Style the map while your data upload is processing
- 4:07 - Create a new layer and add your uploaded data to the map.
- 4:23 - Style the new layer and change the layer order, if you want.
Now you know how to convert a geospatial data set from Mercator to Albers using the Albers USA map style.
Here are some things to try next: