Build indoor floorplans with Mapbox
You can use Mapbox to put a floor plan or non-geographic data on our maps. There are a couple of routes you can take. The key is to give your data some geographic reference for it to work in a mapping application. You can do this in a couple of ways, depending on your data's format:
- If you want to overlay an image of your plan, you need to georeference it.
- If you want to use a tool like Mapbox.js to display your data as a tiled image, read this guide to learn about processing non-map images as maps.
- If you know the bounding coordinates of your image, you can use the
imageOverlayconstructor in Leaflet shown in this example.
- If you have data in a geographic vector format, such as GeoJSON, KML, or Shapefile, you can upload it to Mapbox Studio as a tileset, add it to a style, and embed it in your website using Mapbox GL JS.
- If you are using Mapbox GL JS, you can also create 3D floorplans like in this example using