Video: Customize or hide text for a single label
This video tutorial shows you how to change or hide label text for a single label using expressions in Mapbox Studio.
Create or open a style
- 0:10 - Log into Studio and create or open a style.
Customize a label
- 0:21 - Select the layer containing the label you want to change.
- 0:36 - If the layer is part of a component, click Override.
- 0:48 - Add a data condition to the Text field.
- 0:50 - Set the condition to replace the value in the name field with your custom value.
Hide a label
- 2:59 - Select the layer containing the label you want to change.
- 3:22 - If the layer is part of a component, eject the layer from the component.
- 3:27 - Select the layer containing the label you want to change.
- 3:30 - Switch to the Data Viewer and select Filter.
- 3:34 - Add a new data condition.
- 3:37 - Set the condition to exclude any name values you wish to hide.
Now you know how to change or hide label text for a single label using expressions in Mapbox Studio.
Here are some things to try next:
Video: Add bilingual labels to a map with expressions in Studio
Learn how to use expressions for string and data operations in Studio.
Video: Add 3D buildings and data-driven styling with Studio
Turn on 3D buildings and apply fill colors based on building heights.
Video: Perform batch geocoding with a Mapbox macro for Alteryx
Convert addresses or location names into geospatial coordinates, and the reverse, using the Geocoding API.