Video: Add markers to a map with Studio
This video tutorial shows you how to add markers to a map with Mapbox Studio by creating a tileset with your point data, using that tileset as a data source for a map layer, and styling that layer with markers.
You can also follow a written tutorial for this task.
- 0:10 - Open the written tutorial if you want to follow along.
- 0:14 - Start with your point data in GeoJSON, JSON, or CSV format.
- 0:38 - Log into Mapbox Studio and open any map style.
Create a dataset
- 1:01 - Explanation of drag-and-drop workflow to create a tileset.
- 1:22 - Open your Datasets page
- 1:30 - Create a new dataset and upload your data file.
- 1:39 - Edit your dataset and add a new feature, if you want.
Create a tileset
- 2:27 - Export your data set to a tileset.
- 2:41 - Copy the tileset ID.
Create a layer
- 2:57 - Return to your map in Studio.
- 3:00 - Add a new layer.
- 3:02 - Select your new tileset as the data source for the layer.
- 3:21 - Change the layer type to Symbol.
Style the layer
- 3:28 - Style the layer.
- 3:40 - Select an icon to use as a marker.
Now you know how to add markers to a map with Mapbox Studio.
Here are some things to try next:
Add 3D buildings to a Mapbox Studio style
Add a 3D building layer to a map style in Mapbox Studio.
Video: Add bilingual labels to a map with expressions in Studio
Learn how to use expressions for string and data operations in Studio.
Video: Add 3D buildings and data-driven styling with Studio
Turn on 3D buildings and apply fill colors based on building heights.