Video: Add 3D buildings and data-driven styling with Studio
- 0:00 - Log into Studio and open a new map style.
- 0:20 - Zoom in to see building shapes on the map.
- 0:24 - Toggle the 3D buildings to On in the Buildings component.
- 0:37 - Change your pitch to view 3D buildings from a different angle.
- 1:00 - Open the building-extrusion layer.
- 1:30 - Override the component styling.
- 1:40 - Click Style across data range and select the height data field.
- 1:57 - Add multiple stops with different colors for each.
- 3:08 - Reduce layer opacity to make buildings less transparent.
- 3:20 - Add a "catch all" stop with a default color value.
- 4:44 - Choose step or linear for Rate of change.
Now you know how to add 3D buildings in your map style using style components in Mapbox Studio, and apply data-driven styling.
Here are some things to try next:
Add 3D buildings to a Mapbox Studio style
Add a 3D building layer to a map style in Mapbox Studio.
Video: Add bilingual labels to a map with expressions in Studio
Learn how to use expressions for string and data operations in Studio.
Video: Add a gradient route line to a static map
Use a helper library to add a multi-colored line to a static map image.