Navigation SDK Core Framework
- Raw location signal enhancement
- Routing and rerouting, both online and offline
- Traffic, incidents, and closures avoidance
- Alternative routes generation, also continuously during the drive
- Route line rendering
- Navigation camera controls
- Voice instructions playback
Consider using Navigation SDK UX framework instead of Navigation SDK Core Framework. Navigation SDK Core Framework is designed for creating custom navigation experience, which demands more effort to adopt and support compared to Navigation SDK UX framework. See the Explore and choose an approach page for more details.
The Navigation SDK Core Framework for Android is compatible with applications that:
- Are built using Kotlin 1.6.0 or higher.
- Are built using the Android SDK 21 or higher.
- Are built using the NDK 23. Other major versions of the NDK are not guaranteed to be compatible.
- Use Java 8 for
targetCompatibility, as shown in the installation guide.
The Navigation SDK Core Framework for Android is built with Kotlin, the official language recommended by Google for Android development. Kotlin is 100% interoperable with Java.
Despite the fact that Kotlin applications is Navigation SDK Core Framework's primary target, applications with a Java codebase can interact properly with the public APIs exposed by Mapbox SDKs for Android. If you experience any issues using the Navigation SDK Core Framework for Android with Java, contact us.