The Navigation SDK provides several pre-built UI components that you can use to build a complete user interface for a turn-by-turn navigation application. Drop components into your application using their default configuration or customize the components' behavior and appearance to create a completely unique experience for your users.
Read more about the available UI components for turn-by-turn navigation applications:
- Maps: Use the Mapbox Maps SDK for Android with the Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android to display a map in your application and enhance the navigation experience. Read the Maps guide.
- Navigation camera: Learn how to use Navigation SDK to frame the current user location puck and the route on the Mapbox map. Read the Navigation camera guide.
- Route line: Render route lines on a map using the Mapbox Navigation SDK's route line API. Include alternative routes and customize the style of the route line. Read the Route line guide.
- Route arrow: Display an arrow on a map that illustrates the next maneuver as a user navigates along a route using the Navigation SDK for Android's maneuver arrow API. Read the Route arrow guide.
- Maneuver instructions: Provide text instructions about what action a driver needs to take to get from one step to the next along a route using the Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android. Read the Maneuver instructions guide.
- Signboards: Enhance the navigation experience with Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android's signboards, which provides textual and graphical data in a format that aligns with what users see on street signs in reality. Read the Signboards guide.
- Junctions: Enhance the navigation experience when maneuvering through a particularly complex part of the road network using the Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android's junction views. Read the Junctions guide.
- Speed limit: Learn how to how to use the Navigation SDK for Android's speed limit UI component. Read the Speed limit guide.
- Trip progress: Display data related to trip progress including the estimated time to arrival and the distance remaining using the Mapbox Navigation SDK's trip progress API. Read the Trip progress guide.
- Arrival detection: Visualize waypoints and destinations by creating arrival detection experiences in the Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android. Read the Arrival detection guide.
- Building highlights: Extrude and highlight a building upon reaching a waypoint or final destination in the Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android. Read the Building highlights guide.
- Device notifications: Mapbox documentation about how notifications work in the Mapbox Navigation SDK for Android. Read the Device notifications guide.